Yarngirle

the adventures of a girl with yarn and crps


Sunday I made fudge bar cookies for the girls. I used a gluten-free flour mix. Thank goodness I took a picture of it right when I put it in the oven, because they were devoured! The girls loved the cookie bars still warm from the oven. The cookie bars were fine but a bit dry at room temperature.

The fudge layer could have been thicker. The top layer could have been thinner. Next time I will reduce the amount of the batter reserved for the top to 1 cup instead of 1 & 1/3 cups. I will also increase the thickness of the fudge layer by increasing the chocolate amount from 8 ounces to 12 ounces. Overall, these bar cookies were delicious. I do intend to make them again.

Today I prepared two smoothie recipes to freeze. The first used kale, apple, banana, blackberries, strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, and banana. The second used kale, blackberries, strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, fresh ginger root, and dandelion greens. At first, I was not sure my little blender could handle the dandelion greens, but it did just fine after a few additional pulses.

Last week I downloaded my first e-book. It seems like all of my friends have tablets, so I had to get one too. It took me a long time to decide which one to get (as usual). I didn't want a uni-tasker (like a plain e-reader only kindle) or a tablet that limited my web viewing (like the ipad). I finally settled on a Toshiba Excite 10 with 64 gbs. I like it so far. I don't see any screen bleeding on the edges. I have successfully frozen the entire tablet twice without terrible consequences. I blame this on my computer science-y days. It was a good test though. I like the sd card slot to expand the memory. The screen is larger than the kindle fire. And, it was on sale. We'll see how I like it a year from now.

One of my doctors found an adhesion on my hamstring muscles right where they criss-cross above the knee. They, including one of my doctors, say there are noninvasive ways to help adhesions, but my nurse friend said surgery is better at dealing with the adhesions. I told my other doctor this. I guess they will let me know this week what he thinks.

0 Responses to “”

Post a Comment

Search

Current Projects

  • /li>




wedding countdown
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from sofeestar. Make your own badge here.

November 2
You're so intuitive, it's like you have a sixth, seventh, and eighth sense. You connect with others freely and easily - and you tend to have many best friends. Warm and caring, it's hard for you to close your heart to anyone. Affection is like air for you - you need to give and receive it to survive.

Your strength: Your universal compassion

Your weakness: Your unpredictable mood swings

Your power color: Mauve

Your power symbol: Butterfly

Your power month: February
What Does Your Birth Date Mean?

Who links to me?