Yarngirle

the adventures of a girl with yarn and crps


Today I made My Extraordinary Life's copycat recipe for Lean Cuisine's Santa Fe style rice and beans. My mom and I both like this frozen dinner. Why not try to make it at home? Holy cow, is this recipe delicious!

This is my kind of recipe! It has good ingredients, gluten-free, and just one pot to clean. I will definitely be making this recipe again!

The photograph does not do this dish justice. It tastes so much better than it looks. The seasoning and spiciness is excellent!

I like the dish with and without the cheese. I didn't add the sour cream because I was happy with the dish already. I did add a bit of hot sauce and some granulated organic kelp. The hot sauce added a bit more heat. The kelp just adds trace minerals. Most of the ingredients were organic (all but two). The corn was also certified nonGMO. I used organic nonGMO long grain brown rice, so my cooking time was longer by a few minutes or so.

I gave some to my recipe-tester friends and froze the remaining portions. One tester loved it. The other testers have not gotten back to me yet.

I told my mom how good this came out and told her I would bring her some, but I think I will just make a batch for her at her house. That way she can freeze the rest for her lunch or whenever.


0 Responses to “”

Post a Comment

Search

Current Projects

  • /li>




wedding countdown
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from sofeestar. Make your own badge here.

November 2
You're so intuitive, it's like you have a sixth, seventh, and eighth sense. You connect with others freely and easily - and you tend to have many best friends. Warm and caring, it's hard for you to close your heart to anyone. Affection is like air for you - you need to give and receive it to survive.

Your strength: Your universal compassion

Your weakness: Your unpredictable mood swings

Your power color: Mauve

Your power symbol: Butterfly

Your power month: February
What Does Your Birth Date Mean?

Who links to me?